On Saturday, February 16th, a group from Techtonic made their way to the
- Blockchain for Impact: How blockchain developers can make a difference, organizations represented were Square, Giveth, UNICEF Ventures, and Superblocks
- Working with Layer 2: A technology for blockchain scalability
- The State of the dApps: A site that categorizes and showcases dApps made on the Ethereum, EOS, POA, and Steem platforms
- Connecting to the Real World – Oracles and Data for dApps: How Oracle provides reliable third-party data to smart contracts
- Zeppelin: An open source library of reusable smart contracts that have been standardized and tested
- Minds: A decentralized social network where users earn crypto-tokens for sharing their information on the network
- Blocknative: Provides an intuitive and comprehensive interface for designers, developers, and end-users using blockchain
- Kauri: Helps beginners learn to build in ethereum, and keep developers updated on libraries and tools
- Opolis: A decentralized employment network
After learning about a variety of technologies, our team was then able to experience the applications that might be used! One of the most impressive parts of the conference was how the organizers included the food truck rally into the experience. Upon arrival, every guest received a goodie bag, with one particularly interesting item: a blue token. Donning the Bufficorn logo on one side, and a QR code on the other [see images]; the token can be used to claim BuffDai, cryptocurrency developed specifically for the conference. All of the food trucks surrounding the conference were prepared to accept BuffDai. For eight BuffDai, we enjoyed gourmet mac-n-cheese and ramen, and vendors enjoyed profits without paying extra fees!
Devin, a Techtonic Apprentice said it best, “The future is here and it just bought me lunch!”
AUTHOR – Merry Degaga
If you’re interested in learning more about Techtonic please CONTACT US today! Techtonic is the premier partner for developing onshore, commercial-grade software. We’ve also developed a unique method to simultaneously close the talent gap that exists within technology, by tapping into a new and highly diverse workforce. Our model is pioneering the way clients develop and hire top talent, and we’d love to work with you!